Bert Ray Page born 6/6/11

Friday, February 18, 2011

Update!

Hey everyone!
I am now 24 1/2 weeks pregnant and feeling way too fat! Everything is going good! Baby Bert loves to kick and punch all the time. I can always count on him kicking the second I eat anything and as soon as I lay down to go to bed. It makes me nervous thinking that he may be a wiggle worm when he comes out! I have recently started feeling him when I am standing also. It used to be just when I sat or laid down. I have been having a bunch of Braxton Hicks contractions (10-15 a day). They are just alittle uncomfortable, thats all. I usually have them at work and assume it is from work related stress. I had a scare Wednesday and yesterday that really got me going. Baby Bert decided to settle down and not kick me at all. It started with a really busy and stressful day at work, then I realized after I got home that I hadn't felt him kick for along time. He didn't kick at dinner, he didn't kick when I layed on the couch after dinner, and he didn't kick when I went to bed. This baby kicks everyday, ALL THE TIME so I was very concerned...... even got teary eyed a few times. Finally at 4 am, after some prayer, I felt some flutters. I was still concerned because it wasn't the normal BIG kicks. I started thinking that maybe the ambilical cord might be wrapped around his neck or something keeping him from getting full nutrients and slowly killing him. I paid special attention at work on Thurday and still barely felt him all day. Talk about scary! I called my OB and the nurse said that I should be feeling, on average, atleast 6 kicks/movements an hour. She said that if I am not feeling that, then I need to go to Labor and delivery. So I got home and sat in my recliner praying for him to kick around and be normal again. Bert called me from work to see how I was doing, and baby Bert must have known his Daddy was on the phone cause he started kicking. And they were his big kicks, the ones that I can see if I watch my belly. Ever since then everything has been back to normal. I think I need to take it easy at work! I really think if you realized how much he kicks and then to barely feel him in a 24hr. period, you would be concerned too. We are all good though.... he has been kicking and moving the whole time I have been blogging :)

So my cute, little, 17 yr. old sister got Baptized last night! It was amazing! She had a lot of family and friends there to support her. One of my favorite parts about everything last night was the Spirit, her testimony and her cute crocodile tears. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. What a beautiful baptism. I am so excited for her! I hope there will be many more baptisms to come from my family members!

5 comments:

  1. that is really scary when the baby doesn't move for a while. i'm glad to hear that he decided to get active again! that's crazy that you are 24 weeks and having braxton hicks already. is your dr. concerned about that? it's probably normal, i just never had any braxton hicks ever.

    i'm bummed i couldn't make it to the baptism. if my boys weren't so sick it wouldn't have been a problem. so happy for lex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad baby Bert finally came through. Loved every minute of the baptism. You guys' song was adorable, just like all the girls singing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so scary when the baby doesn't move for a long time. That happened to me.
    The baptism was so nice. You girls sounded very good singing together. Sorry again I didn't make it up. :/ I also hope there will be more baptisms to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm glad baby bert is ok.
    i'm sad that we didn't make it to her baptism, but it sounded like it was very special

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would have been scary. I am glad he is ok, and you are ok.

    I am so glad I was able to go to the batism. How awesome!

    ReplyDelete